The GO Center Program is a Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board initiative housed within the Programs for Academic Student Support at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. GO Centers provide early college awareness and readiness to students in area high schools. GO Centers help students to reach multiple postsecondery institutions and careers, keep track of testing deadlines, and complete a checklist to ensure all requirements are met for college entrance. The following services are offered through the GO Center Program:
- College 101 Presentations
- ACT/SAT/PSAT Test preparation
- Scholarship/ essay editing and assistance
- FASFA workshops and assistance
- College Night assistance
- ApplyTexas application assistance
- Common App. Preparation
- Career Exploration through Career Cruising
- Personalized college checklist per grade level
The GO Center Mentors maintain an excellent rapport and partnership with the counselor at their designated high school location.
The GO Centers currently serve 16 high schools throughout the Coastal Bend area.